Welcome to ChimataMusic Discussion Board
Let us keep all the Telugu Melodies Alive through Healthy Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

old songs /new songs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ChimataMusic DB Forum Index -> Songs on ChimataMusic.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakshmi2008

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: old songs /new songs Reply with quote

Hi...

song is always song only..ye paata ayina manasu ki aanandam isthundi kada .ivvali kada ,mari old songs ki ,new songs ki difference yemiti..?
ofcourse as usually the answer will be technical advancement.but is it true..? manasu ni mabhya pettukokunda yevaraina cheppagalara ,voppukogalara..aa melodious music..wordings ..aa tuning ..aa gonthu lo unna maadhuryam ..ekkado kolpoyinattu anipinchatam leda....pelli chupula lo paada mante ..ee kaalam vaallu ye paata paada galaru..ofcourse ippudu aa pellichupulu anna pada ni ki ardham ..internet..maaadhyam ..ayipoyindi..anukondi..any way old is gold anna naanudi telisinde kada..so..'6..60',ani tag pettakunda..60 lo 20 ni rappinche' ani unte baguntundi.
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lakshim garu,

First of all, welcome to the group! Thanks not only for joining the site but also participating in the forums. I think more and more people should do this.

Coming to the point, I fully agree with what you are saying. This is not to say that all new songs are bad -- there are some good and great songs coming even now but the as a general trend they are getting fewer and fewer compared to the 60s and 70s. Here is my take on this.

1. Number. In 60s and 70s, the number of movies on the average per year used to be 50-60. Starting from 80s this number shot up to 130-150.
2. Emphasis. 60s and 70s used to put more emphasis on melody but the trend went towards beat afterwards. The problem with beat is that it captures the attention of audience (especially younger ones) quickly but also fades quickly. Melody takes more time to sink in but it will stay there forever once it sets in.
3. Lyrics. Lyrics used to play an integral part of the movie in the old movies. Many times, it was possible to figure out the story of an old movie just by listening to the songs. This gave way to what I call copy-and-paste songs where it is possible to plug a song from movie A and put it in movie B without missing anything because the song never has anything in common with movie A to start with!
4. Nativity. There was a lot of emphasis on singing with authenticity and nativity in the old movies. A small number of singers like Ghantasala, SPB, Susheela and Janaki sang most of the songs with authority. Even non Telugu singers like Leela, Vani Jayaram, etc. used to sing with flawless accent because they used to spend time learning and understanding the language. This was true for Telugu singers like Susheela and Janaki when they sang in Tamil and other languages. These days most of the singers are non-Telugu, and with the sole exception of Chitra, none of them put any emphasis on singing with proper pronunciation and accent.
lakshmi2008

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: thanks for your analysation..!! Reply with quote

Dear sir,
I thought after posting my opinion that if i was wrong..and no one may support this..but i got confidence through your detail explanation.ofcourse as you said there are beautiful songs now a days also.if i recollect..."maunamu gane edaga mani..mokka neeku cheputhundi..edigina koddi vodaga mani ...." so wonderful lyrics..any way thank you very much for your support.
svsmani

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanuman

I agree with your observations. As a new member, I am thoroughly enjoying reading all these posts.

I have a particular observation on the songs of 60's. This is my personal opinion though. Just wanted to know how others
feel.

In the 60's both the Telugu and Tamil movies dished out a bit too much of melodrama and the songs also reflected that. No doubt, the lyrics are good, music is melodious, but I never felt touched by them as much as with the 70's songs.Again the 50's songs were really sweet to listen to. I belive that the golden age of melifluous music is from 1970 to very early 80's in Telugu and in Tamil it was mid 70's to mid 80's.
NANDAKISHOR K

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear manigaru

I would like to differ a bit with you in this aspect.

The golden period as far as telugu industry is considered between 1959-65. With all the lyricists and MDs at their best it was the most creative period of telugu music. Athreya kalam, Cinaare kavita vinipinchindi ee kaalamlone.

Later on With the reentry of RAMESHNAIDU along with sathyam another period can be said between 1972-76

Again the best period for telugu music came whenever somebody provoked the lyrical genius of Veturi. This person is something beyond comaparisions, whenever he is written off he bounces back with gems, In the highly cabare period he came up with sirisirimuvva, and again in post khaidi period he came up with sapthapadi and anandabhairavi.

Kishor
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My strong feeling is that the "real" melody period in Telugu is from the late 60's until the ealry 80's. Like Hanuman said earlier, the 60's have a little bit of melodrama in comparison to the 70's..

I am very unhappy that many critics/people (in particular the old people over 55 years or so) always emphasize that the the Telugu music deteriorated since 1972 and I strong disagree with that statement. I suspect it is kind of a propaganda to downplay the Balu period.

The beauty of the 70's is that the lyrics were very simple and yet very clear; tunes are the best; and Balu and Suseela are at their best during this time. Maybe because of the heroes.. these songs never got due recognition that they truely deserve.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
santharam

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telugu pATala prasthAnAnni oka car journey tO pOlistE Smile

-- modaTi nunDi early 60s dAkA 'sAhityaM' driver seat lO unTE 'sangeetaM' back seat lO unDEdi.

-- Mid 60s nunDi early 80s varaku renDU front seat lO pakka pakkana koorchoni prayAnaM chESAyi.

-- Mid 80s nunDi 'sangeetaM' driver seat lO unTE sAhityaM' back seat lO undi.
(adapA daDapA tea, coffee laki diginappuDu pakka pakkana nadistE nadavochchu Smile )

I feel the songs from mid 60s to early 80s have a kind of equilibrium between 'sAhityaM' and 'sangeetaM'.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

santharam wrote:

-- modaTi nunDi early 60s dAkA 'sAhityaM' driver seat lO unTE 'sangeetaM' back seat lO unDEdi.

-- Mid 60s nunDi early 80s varaku renDU front seat lO pakka pakkana koorchoni prayAnaM chESAyi.

(adapA daDapA tea, coffee laki diginappuDu pakka pakkana nadistE nadavochchu Smile )

I feel the songs from mid 60s to early 80s have a kind of equilibrium between 'sAhityaM' and 'sangeetaM'.

Good coparison, Santharam thumbsup
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
agent116

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

santharam wrote:

excellent compraison santha ram... Smile
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:50 am    Post subject: Coolest Canberra labour hire Tips Advice Info Reply with quote

To the guy asking about which state has the best labor laws, public service employment act summary, public service employment act changes, what jobs are hiring right now for 16 year olds, does home depot hire seasonal workers, how much does labor ready pay, public service jobs in act, labor jobs near me full time, how to get discount at home depot, how to get labour hire license, public service positions canberra, how to get job at home depot, I highly recommend this Awesome Canberra labour hire Tips for which state labor laws apply, what is misconduct in public service rule, manual labor jobs that require no experience near me, how to get employment in australia, labor jobs near me hiring full time, how much do manual labor jobs pay, what are unfair labor practice strike, act public service jobs education, examples of unfair labor practices list, do i need to post labor law posters if i have no employees, what are the unfair labour practices, labor hiring omaha, is good as well. See More This Year[/url] c69a9d6
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:52 am    Post subject: Best Canberra labour hire Info Tips Advice Reply with quote

To the guy asking about hospitals hiring labor and delivery nurses, aps jobs canberra entry level, job search services canberra, is it legal to hire day laborers, how long to get hired at home depot, what remote jobs are hiring now, how much do manual labor jobs pay, jobs near me part time hiring now, how to start a labour hire company, is casual labour legal, how to file complaint against public servant, what are unfair labor practices by unions, I highly suggest this Greatest Canberra labour hire Tips for how to get a labouring job with no experience, public service employment act acting appointment, public service employment act probation period, what jobs are hiring now for a 17 year old, manual labor jobs that require no experience near me, general labor jobs around me, is it easy to get hired at home depot, are employers required to post labor law posters in spanish, public service employment act (psea) and regulations, how much does labor ready pay per hour, how much do labourers earn in australia, construction labor jobs hiring near me, is good as well. See More [url=http://arabfm.net/vb/showthread.php?p=1925530#post1925530]Newest Canberra labour hire Details 81b5b7c
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ChimataMusic DB Forum Index -> Songs on ChimataMusic.com All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: