Welcome to ChimataMusic Discussion Board
Let us keep all the Telugu Melodies Alive through Healthy Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Corrections

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ChimataMusic DB Forum Index -> Songs on ChimataMusic.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Surya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Corrections Reply with quote

Srini

Today I came to know that Music Director of Vaisali with the song 'Prema jeevana nadam..' is Bombay Ravi and not Puhalendi as we told you previously. Puhalendi scored music for a film called Visali.

This Ravi scored music for Vinnet and Rambha film ( the name I can't recollect immediately). I am told that this Ravi is the famous veteran Hindi music director which is not believble to me. Can anyone clarify?
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Surya..

I will correct it.

BTW, sarigamalu is the movie that is slipping from your mind Smile swargam is the original Malayalam movie.

Srini
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
vbhagavathula

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is Correct! Waqt music director
movie_lover

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>Puhalendi scored music for a film called Visali.

That reminds me a hit song from the movie 'viSali'

'chooDaku ala chooDaku
kaLLalOki chooDaku
choosi nannu pichchidAnni chEyaku
ha ha choosi nannu pichchidAnni chEyaku'

Used to listen this song in radio in late 70s. I believe V.Ramakrishna and P.Suseela gave their voice for this one.
SURENDRA VEMARAJU

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: song fromVishali -surendra Reply with quote

movie_lover wrote:
>>Puhalendi scored music for a film called Visali.

That reminds me a hit song from the movie 'viSali'

'chooDaku ala chooDaku
kaLLalOki chooDaku
choosi nannu pichchidAnni chEyaku
ha ha choosi nannu pichchidAnni chEyaku'

Used to listen this song in radio in late 70s. I believe V.Ramakrishna and P.Suseela gave their voice for this one.
Very Happy

Dear All,
this song by Ramakrishna & Susheela is one of the popular song, nice pick out of 70's.Really the slot of 70-80 year had been the ine blend of orchestra & melody which we rarely listen today.Hope this song is posted in the site.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

చూడకు అలా చూడకు is one heck of a duet song from that movie. There was another melodious solo song by P.Susheela from that movie which used to be very popular. it goes like రా రా రా రా జాబిల్లి, మా బాబుకు వేసింది ఆకలి, వెన్నెలే విరబోసి గోరుముద్దలు చేసి ఆ అం అని నువ్వే తినిపించాలి. I wish someone has those two songs!
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was browsing through Krishna's Duet songs and found the song అడగాలని ఉంది ఒకటడగాలని ఉంది listed as from the movie నమ్మకద్రోహులు. I am not 100% sure but I thought that song was from the movie చిన్ననాటి స్నేహితులు.
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was browsing through the new songs section and found the lyricist for manasa sancharare from antha mana manchike listed as Arudra. However it is a classical song written by Sri Sadasiva Brahmendra Swami.

Then I came across another song "nuvve edola unnavu...nuvve edola chustunnavu". This song took me down my memory lane to 3 decades ago. It haunted me for a while and then finally I think I came to know about the song. It was from a movie Prajanayakudu which was released circa 1972. From wikipedia listings the hero is listed as Krishna which may as well be true but the main character of the movie was Nagabhushanam who played the title role prajanakudu in the movie.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanuman wrote:
I was browsing through the new songs section and found the lyricist for manasa sancharare from antha mana manchike listed as Arudra. However it is a classical song written by Sri Sadasiva Brahmendra Swami.

Then I came across another song "nuvve edola unnavu...nuvve edola chustunnavu". This song took me down my memory lane to 3 decades ago. It haunted me for a while and then finally I think I came to know about the song. It was from a movie Prajanayakudu which was released circa 1972. From wikipedia listings the hero is listed as Krishna which may as well be true but the main character of the movie was Nagabhushanam who played the title role prajanakudu in the movie.

Thanks Hanuman.. I have made one correction and I will make the another too.

Srini
Jamesbond_007

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanuman wrote:

Prajanayakudu is indeed Krishna's movie and you are right about Nagabhushanam Smile
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamesbond_007 wrote:
hanuman wrote:

Prajanayakudu is indeed Krishna's movie and you are right about Nagabhushanam Smile

thanks Hanuman and Jamadagni for the info..

I kind of thought the movie (which I did not know until you both told me) would have been released in 69 or 70, from the tender voice of Balu. 1978 was a copy and paste mistake Smile I will correct it.
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember all the details of the movie but it was kind of a political satirical movie -- a tailor made role for Nagabhushanam. Only he could have delivered a performance like that. I think the heroine of the movie was Latha but I am not 100% sure. The only thing I can say about the movie is it was a very well made movie with one of the best performances by Nagabhushanam and worth watching. I hope it will be released on DVD some day.
NANDAKISHOR K

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Manasaina chinnavaada- Clarification Reply with quote

hi,

Just was listening to the song from Dattaputrudu, Manasaina chinnavaada by ghantasala and LR eswari.

I found that lot of yodelling is there and the voice sounds that of SPB. Could it be so?????

Nandakishor K
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: Manasaina chinnavaada- Clarification Reply with quote

NANDAKISHOR K wrote:
hi,

Just was listening to the song from Dattaputrudu, Manasaina chinnavaada by ghantasala and LR eswari.

I found that lot of yodelling is there and the voice sounds that of SPB. Could it be so?????

Nandakishor K

That sound was by Madavapeddi Ramesh.. probably it could be his debut movie.. If he debuted into film industry with such song (more or less like a chorus guy making sounds in a song), he should try to get his name into guinness book records Smile

Srini
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The female companion to Ghantasala was not LR Easwari but one by name Ramola. She used to be a bit singer in these kinds of songs those days. There is also an interesting tidbit I like to share here. Ramola has two other older sisters, one was married to the late comedian Raja Babu and the other to a famous song writer. Can you guess this famous writer? I will wait a day before giving away the answer.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanuman wrote:
The female companion to Ghantasala was not LR Easwari but one by name Ramola. She used to be a bit singer in these kinds of songs those days. There is also an interesting tidbit I like to share here. Ramola has two other older sisters, one was married to the late comedian Raja Babu and the other to a famous song writer. Can you guess this famous writer? I will wait a day before giving away the answer.

It is Sri Sri.. Mrs Saroja mentioned it in her Swathi serial published in 1989 or so Smile

Srini
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bulls eye, srini Very Happy I was Sri Sri.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramola sang along with Balu in endukanTE Emi cheppanu (jeevana jyOti), Junior.. Junior (idi katha kAdu) etc.. Her interview appeared in Andhrajyothi a couple of years ago and she was saying that could be her last interview (to the media). She remained unmarried (just like LTR Eeswari) to support her old mom and other personal reasons and she may be in 60's now.

Srini
Surya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The movie of the song 'putta meeda palapittoyi na swami...' is mentioned in our site as 'Balamirula katha'.

I don't think it is correct. It should be from 'Roudeelaku roudeelu' the same movie with the famous club song 'teesko cocacola..'
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surya wrote:
The movie of the song 'putta meeda palapittoyi na swami...' is mentioned in our site as 'Balamirula katha'.

I don't think it is correct. It should be from 'Roudeelaku roudeelu' the same movie with the famous club song 'teesko cocacola..'

Surya.. initially when you sent this song to me, I took your words that is from rouDeelaku rouDeeelu.. but later kkleo (Kamesh Kalapala gAru) and Santharam corrected me that it is from balya mitrula katha..

So.. pl. get it checked one more time Smile

Thanks,
Srini
Surya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schimata2 wrote:
Surya wrote:

Surya.. initially when you sent this song to me, I took your words that is from rouDeelaku rouDeeelu.. but later kkleo (Kamesh Kalapala gAru) and Santharam corrected me that it is from balya mitrula katha..

So.. pl. get it checked one more time Smile

Thanks,
Srini

antE anTAvA..ayitE vaakE Rolling Eyes
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not 100% certain but the puttameeda song is from Balamithrula Katha so I am adding my vote to the majority.
santharam

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: manchi rOjulu vachchAyi Reply with quote

The MD of the movie manchi rOjulu vachchAyi is mentioned as KV Mahadevan. It should be T Chalapathi Rao.

The movies 'koDuku-kODalu' (MD: KVM) and 'manchi rOjulu vachchAyi' were released in the same year (1972) and have songs with the same tune.

'goppOlla chinnadi' in koDuku-kODalu and 'siripalle chinnadi' in manchi rOjulu vachchAyi have same tune. Both are solos by Ghantasala and are teasing songs.

It may not be just coincidence that two movies released in the same year have songs with the same tune. Is there any interesting story behind this?

-- Santha Ram. M
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: manchi rOjulu vachchAyi Reply with quote

santharam wrote:
The MD of the movie manchi rOjulu vachchAyi is mentioned as KV Mahadevan. It should be T Chalapathi Rao.

The movies 'koDuku-kODalu' (MD: KVM) and 'manchi rOjulu vachchAyi' were released in the same year (1972) and have songs with the same tune.

'goppOlla chinnadi' in koDuku-kODalu and 'siripalle chinnadi' in manchi rOjulu vachchAyi have same tune. Both are solos by Ghantasala and are teasing songs.

It may not be just coincidence that two movies released in the same year have songs with the same tune. Is there any interesting story behind this?

-- Santha Ram. M

Santharam, I do not agree with you that they have the same tune. Except for the very first line where they sound a bit similrar they are not even close rest of the way. Moreover, goppolla chinnadi is fast beat (appropriate for the urban setting of the movie) whereas siripalle chinnadi is slow beat (appropriate for the rural setting of the movie). Also koduku kodalu came a year (or at least six months) after manchi rojulu vachachayi.
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just noticed that the duet thurupu sindhurapu from manushulu marali was credited to Shobhan Babu (and implicitly Sharada) but that song was picturized on the second pair of that movie Harnath and Kanchana.
santharam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

'mana kOsaM vEkuvayyEnu' is from vasanta kOkila, not amAvAsya chandruDu.
santharam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The MD of 'bommA borusA' is Vishnu Vardhanam, not MS Viswanathan.

Also the MD of 'srIrAma banTu' is mentioned as Chakravarty for two of the three songs posted from this movie. It should be Satyam.

Please correct these.

-- Santha Ram. M
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

santharam wrote:
Hi,

Also the MD of 'srIrAma banTu' is mentioned as Chakravarty for two of the three songs posted from this movie. It should be Satyam.

Please correct these.

-- Santha Ram. M

Thanks Santha Rao for the corrections.

I threw a guess on bommA borusA as the movie director is K Balachandar Very Happy

for SreerAma banTu, I was sure (from the tune) that it must have been Sathyam.. it was a copy & paste typo that had come from the previous entry.. I will correct both of them.

Cheers,
Srini

Last edited by schimata2 on Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanuman wrote:
I have just noticed that the duet thurupu sindhurapu from manushulu marali was credited to Shobhan Babu (and implicitly Sharada) but that song was picturized on the second pair of that movie Harnath and Kanchana.

Thanks Hanuman.. I was a litte partial to my fav hero and did not want to put such a great song in another section... just kidding. To be honest, I did it just for convenience and out of laziness a long time ago.. probably those songs are the very first songs that I started the Sobhan Babu section with. I did the same to Ekaveera songs (NTR section) and prEma lEkhalu (Murali Mohan) as well..
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

santharam wrote:
Hi,

Please correct these.

-- Santha Ram. M

Are you really sure of this? First of all, I never heard of any MD by that name. Second, it was a Balachander movie and a remake of a popular Tamil movie (Poova Thalaiya), and the tunes in Telugu are from the Tamil film as well. Balachander's MD of choice was pretty much MS Viswanathan and this Tamil movie was no exception either.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="hanuman Second, it was a Balachander movie and a remake of a popular Tamil movie (Poova Thalaiya), and the tunes in Telugu are from the Tamil film as well. Balachander's MD of choice was pretty much MS Viswanathan [/quote]

Even I was very confident about it and hence I did not even put a question mark on the music director entry:)
santharam

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The VCD Cover says it's Vishnu Vardhanam and the titles are incomplete in VCD.

I too never heard of this MD, but had to go by the info on the cover. My guess is it could be Govardhanam. R, if not Vishnu Vardhanam. It's certainly not MSV.

-- Santha Ram. M
hanuman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

santharam wrote:

I too never heard of this MD, but had to go by the info on the cover. My guess is it could be Govardhanam. R, if not Vishnu Vardhanam. It's certainly not MSV.

-- Santha Ram. M

I wouldn't always trust these VCD covers as many of them were probably written by some north Indian guy who has no clue about south indian names. It is very much possible that the guy miswrote viswanathan as vishnuvarthan as they can appear and sound very close. I have seen some attrocious mistakes on some old vcd/vcr covers.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Music Director of bommA?borusA?? Reply with quote

We watched this movie a few years ago and let me see if we still have this DVD (or tape) in our local grocery store. If I get the movie, we can look out the titles (hopefully in the DVD copy, full titles might be there).

I will get back to you by this weekend.

Cheers,
Srini
santharam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanuman wrote:
santharam wrote:

-- Santha Ram. M

It is very much possible that the guy miswrote viswanathan as vishnuvarthan as they can appear and sound very close.

I did some 'google'ing regarding the MD of this movie. Please refer this link.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0154245/fullcredits#cast

It says the MD is Govardhanam. R
agent116

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pasivadi pranam lo ....satyam sivam sundaram song click cheste..

chakkani chukkala sandita break dance song vastondi...
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agent116 wrote:
pasivadi pranam lo ....satyam sivam sundaram song click cheste..

chakkani chukkala sandita break dance song vastondi...

I did not touch these ones since the last two years.. we will fix that. Thanks for the info.
lahar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalasi VunTE Kaladu Sukhamu song muddabanti pUlu peTTi.. is wrongly marked as scored by Master Venu but indeed it was by Viswanathan and Ramamoorthy in their bests. Even though it was based on the Bengali folk (like a song sung by SD Burman).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ChimataMusic DB Forum Index -> Songs on ChimataMusic.com All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: