Welcome to ChimataMusic Discussion Board
Let us keep all the Telugu Melodies Alive through Healthy Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Balu's Concert on Sept, 30 in the Silicon Valley, CA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ChimataMusic DB Forum Index -> Singers and their Biographies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Balu's Concert on Sept, 30 in the Silicon Valley, CA Reply with quote

Hi folks (living in CA, in particular from the bay area),

I would like to share my observation on Balu's US concerts.

I attended all three of his previous Telugu musical concerts (1997, 2000, and 2004) hitherto and I was not always happy with the songs he used to sing and I am sure that this time (09/30/2006) will be no different to my previous experiences Sad

He usually does't cover many of his 70's songs.. just a couple usually like "E divilO virisina" and some other melody like "jhummandi nAdam".
Let us assume that he sings around 20 - 25 songs in this 3 hour long concert. In each of his concert, he definitely three songs from "SankarAbharaNam", "sAgara sangamam" and "annamayya" movies, a song from geetanjAli movie, NTR's patriotic song (puNya bhUmi nA dESam) and two of Chiru's numbers (bangAru kODipeTTa and ee pETa ku nEnE mEstri) and I have no complaints on these songs.

But he usually sings a few new songs as well. In one of his recent interviews, he told the media that he doesn't (or doesn't want to) remember any of the songs after annamayya movie (1997). Then I would expect him to replace these 7, 8 new songs (which you will forget soon after you come out of the auditorium) with some of his best 70's solo and duets.

I will be a happiest audience, if he sings some 70's songs such as the following in the next concert:

1) idi toli pAta --> kanyA kumAri movie
2) mabbE masakEsindilE --> vayasu pilichindi (we actually forced him to sing this song in 2000).
3) kalakalam idE pADanee --> Captain Krishna
4) O bangaru rangula chilaka or kurisindi vAna from Chalam hits
5) rASAnu prEmalEkhalennO --> Sreedevi
6) chuTTU chengAvi cheera --> tUrpu veLLE railu
7) veeNa vENuvaina --> inTinTi rAmAyaNam (in 2004, he sang the kannaDa version of this song and Sailaja sang a couple of Telugu lines towards the end of the song and that is perfectly fine with us 8) )
8.) nEnoka prEma pipAsini --> indra dhanasu
9) madhumAsa vELalO --> andamE Anandam
10) navami nATi vennela --> Siva ranjani
11) Sivaranjani.. navarAgiNi --> tUrpu paDamara

It would be a dream-come-true for me, if somehow Balu gets this post and prepares his archestra with these songs for the coming concert.

In 2004, We had a concert from P Suseela and she sang all 60's and 70's melodies and I would expect the same from Balu as well (the songs that have only LIFE and SOUL). Most of the people coming to his concerts are above 25 and below 50 and I am sure that majority of the audiences share my feelings.

--Srini
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ChimataMusic DB Forum Index -> Singers and their Biographies All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: