Welcome to ChimataMusic Discussion Board
Let us keep all the Telugu Melodies Alive through Healthy Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some Producers/Directors with great taste (70's/early 80's)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ChimataMusic DB Forum Index -> Actors, Producers and Directors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Some Producers/Directors with great taste (70's/early 80's) Reply with quote

We have quite a few people like NT Rama Rao, K Viswanadh, Bapu, Navatha Krishnam Raju, VB Rajendra Prasad, Dasari, Raghavendra Rao, Sangeetham Srinivasa Rao, Vijaya Nirmala, Dundee, etc who were keen on very good tunes in their movies (either produced or directed).

All of these people always prefered their own AstAna vidwAnsulu, whenever and whereever possible..

If we start with NTR..

NTR's first preference was always TV Raju (in 50's and 60s).. I guess their last combination is dhanamA?daivamA in 1973. Then he experimented with different folks like Pendyala, C. Rama Chandra, Chakravarthi, Susarla etc and still drew the best work from each of them.

Next to NTR, Dasari seems to be the most successful director in experimenting with different music directors (rather he highlighed their work through his films).. While he chose Chakravarhi and JV Raghavulu for mass tunes, his natural preferences were either Ramesh Naidu or Sathyam for other small-budget movies. He even experimented with MS Viswanadhan as well with a movie, "O ADadi-O magADu". The last but not the least, he did a lot of movies with KV Mahadevan too.

Unlike Dasari, K Raghavendra Rao mostly was content with Chakravarhi as a primary option and KV Mahadevan as a secondary option. As Surya garu mentioned, he did only three movies with Sathyam. Then he took MS Viswanadhan for "simha baluDu". Apart from these four folks, no other Music director comes to my mind in his movies.

Srini

Last edited by schimata2 on Wed May 03, 2006 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Surya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Srini
Are you talking about only 70's and 80's? I think you forgot Illay Raja who worked for KRaghavendra Rao before or early 90's. I remeber Hamsa lekha also doing a KRR/Nagarjuna movie. I am not sure when it was.

NTR even had Ravindra Jain for Brahmarshi Viswamitra. Joseph Krishna Murthy is MD for Gulebakavali Katha. I think he was assistant to TV Raju. I don't know his name was used for that movie.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking about only 70's and the early 80's.
I forgot to add Jandhyla to the list in the early 80's.

Probably the topic is misleading.. let me correct it.

Srini
movie_lover

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you guys forgot producer 'Murari' of 'Yuva chitra', who had a taste for good music. If you look at his movies that will be evident:

1)seetamalaxmi
2)trisulam
3)gorintaku
4)abhimanyudu
5)seetharamula kalyanam
6)nari nari naduma murari
Surya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Movie Lover to our board!

Yeah, Murari is one of the producers who took lot of interest in the songs of his films. KV Mahadevan was MD for all his films. Almost all the songs in all his films are good and popular.

Jankaki Ramudu has to be added to that list, if I am not wrong.
Surya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 70's, Chalam showed very good interest in the songs of the films produced by him. I understand, he used to sit with the Music Director and get the tunes of his satisfaction. Following are his films:

1) Sambarala Rambabu

Music: V.Kumar

Mama chandamama vinarava....

Poriginti meenashammanu chusara....

2) Bullemma Bullodu

Music: Satyam

Amma annadi oka kammani maata....

Kurisindi vaana naa gunde lona....

Raja pilupu naadenu ra

Nee papam pandenu nedu...

Budigi budigi ninne chudu...

3) Mattilo Manikyam

Malli malli paadali ee pata...

Rim zim rim zim Hyderabad....

Naa maate nee matai....

Eddu bandi chudu...

Vaste ista naa leta vayasu....

4) Tulabharam

Radha ku neeve ra pranam...

Cheruva lone dooram lela

Ye vooru ye peru endehe nee katha chinnoda...

Ee voore naa illu...

Niddura po babu niddura po....

5) Devudamma

Ekkado doorana koorchunnavu...

Chinnari chelli naa bangaru talli...

Papalu manchiki roopalu

Talli Tandri neeve ori Narasimha...

Adapilla la siggupade veedevadamma...

6) Thota Ramudu

O bangaru rangula chiluka...

Nestam chudara ee kullu lokam...

Nenante nene naa maatante maate...

7) DuDu Basavanna

Mutyala kona lona ratnala ramachiluka...

Navvindi veguchukka aadali chemma chekka...

O lagijigi lagijigi...

The songs in italics were super hit songs.
movie_lover

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surya,
Thank you..You are right...'jAnaki rAmuDu' is also from 'Yuva chitra'..Also need to add 'srInivAsa kalyAnam' to this list.
vennela

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surya wrote:
Srini
Are you talking about only 70's and 80's? I think you forgot Illay Raja who worked for KRaghavendra Rao before or early 90's. I remeber Hamsa lekha also doing a KRR/Nagarjuna movie. I am not sure when it was.

NTR even had Ravindra Jain for Brahmarshi Viswamitra. Joseph Krishna Murthy is MD for Gulebakavali Katha. I think he was assistant to TV Raju. I don't know his name was used for that movie.

Hamsa lekha composed music for Nagarjuna's 'Prema Yudham'
Surya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>Hamsa lekha composed music for Nagarjuna's 'Prema Yudham'

Thanks Vennela. sudden ga perlu gurtuku raavu Sad
Surya
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually referring to Agni(1989) directed by KRR and music by Hamsa lekha with Nagarjuna and Santipriya in lead roles.

Prema yuddam was also by Hamsa lekha, but director was not KRR.
movie_lover

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'prEmayudham' ni direct chesindi S.V.Rajendra singh.
Gaali

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venkatesh/KRR combo Bharatam Lo Arjjundu ki MD kooda Hamsalekha enaa?
Gaali

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paatha kaalam lo chinna chitakaa cinemaa le kaakunda pichi cinema la ki kooda koddo gooppo manchi music undedi. Yippati laa kaadu. Sad
NANDAKISHOR K

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Tasteful Producers Reply with quote

Hi.

You have forgotten one Producer who belongs to your background(An engineer by qualification) i.e M.balaiah. He was one good producer who ensured songs of his films were of lyrical value. SP has good no of songs in his films like Neramu-Shiksha(Songs required in your site).

Nandakishor K
SURENDRA VEMARAJU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Tasteful Producers - Reply with quote

Hi,
At this juncture its worth taking a glance at Populous YUGANDHAR of NTR, Remake of Amitabh's DON in late '70s. The film was of course a Super Flop but one thing which I would share is the music is done by Ilayaraaja.He had to succumb to copy tunes of DON, but had 2songs of his tunes which was never understood by our then Andhraites. they were..NA PARUVAM NEE KOSAM ( YEH MERA DIL YAAR KA DEEWANA)
rendered by S.JANAKI. The other one was Da, Da, Da daasthe daagena,nee pai, na kunna moham ( Jiska mujhe,tha intezaar ) sung by Janki. Good music, easily identifiable as of Ilayaraaja. Worth having in our site. The query is why did NTR & Director chose budding Ilayaraaja when they had galaxy of super composers.any idea

Surendra
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sunson

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a excerpt from Srinivas Kanchibotla's article on Ilayaraja on idlebrain.com. It summarizes the greatness of the song.

"the way the song "yeh meraa dil pyaar kaa deewaanaa" was completely changed into "naa paruvam nee kOsam" into a worthy, if not better, composition, with trumpets, guitar and percussion, each going haywire but together creating a perfect harmony, that matched the energy and vigor of the original, and yet remained completely independent and inspiring, marked the formal arrival of a new music director, whose tunes, but not the name, had become familiar to the telugu audience from a couple of years ago - Ilayaraja"

By the way he had also written great article on SPB too

Regards
Sunson
jmk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surprise too see a lover of yugandhar songs here..even i too like the two songs very much..not only ilayarajas music, the lyrics also too good..not sure abt lyricist..especially da.da..da.dasthey dageda.
ye thadaina mude mullu..muchata antha munnallu..
beautiful songs..definetely they deserve place here.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the original tune of "nA paruvam nee kOsam" is a Tamil one, right? Or perhaps the vice versa (first in Telugu and then in Tamil).. I vaguely remember listening to this song in my Engineering day in one of best Tamilian friends' tape recorder.

Srini
sunson

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lyrics of Yugandhar is by Cinare.

Regards
Sunson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ChimataMusic DB Forum Index -> Actors, Producers and Directors All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: