Welcome to ChimataMusic Discussion Board
Let us keep all the Telugu Melodies Alive through Healthy Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help with not overbuilding a gaming PC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ChimataMusic DB Forum Index -> ChimataMusic & DB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joelynnpamplin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:32 pm    Post subject: Need help with not overbuilding a gaming PC Reply with quote

Figure someone here can figure out the stuff I can't.

Goal is to get a new PC by my birthday/Xmas (2 weeks apart), as my Alienware's graphic card is outdated (According to WoW), and it's running out of memory (500gb ssd), though the 16gb Ram is solid.

*BASE_PRICE: [+2435]
CABLE: None
CARE1: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]
CARE2: Cooler Master Mastergel Maker CPU-Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation [+10]
CAS: Syber XL Series E-ATX Full-Tower Gaming Case w/ USB 3.0, 7 Color RGB & Full Side Tempered Window Panel [+13]
CASUPGRADE: CORSAIR Lighting Node PRO individually addressable RGB lighting with software control Kit [+49]
CC: None
CD: None
COOLANT: None
CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i9-9900K 3.60GHZ 16MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151
CS_FAN: 6X 120mm Enermax T.B RGB Twister Bearing PWM Case Fans 500-1500 RPM w/ Remote Controller [+75]
ENGRAVING: Custom Picture (we will contact you for picture submission detail after processing your order) [+29]
EVGA_POWER: None
FA_HDD: None
FAN: Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm ARGB Sync Edition high performance CPU waterblock Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate [+128]
HDD: 4TB Samsung 860 EVO Series SATA-III 6 Gb/s SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 550/520 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 100/90k [+593] (4TB x 2 (4TB Capacity) RAID 1 Performance with Data Security [+760])
HDD2: 8TB (8TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+260] (8TB x 2 (8TB Capacity) RAID 1 Data Mirror Security [+260])
HEADSET: None
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD: CyberPowerPC Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
MEMORY: 32GB (16GBx2) DDR4/3200MHz Dual Channel Memory [+123] (Corsair Vengeance LPX [+18])
MICROPHONE: None
MONITOR: None
MOPAD: None
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock Z390 Taichi w/ 802.11ac Wi-Fi, ARGB, USB 3.1, 3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 3 M.2 SATA/PCIe [+121]
MOUSE: CyberPowerPC Standard 4000 DPI with Weight System Optical Gaming Mouse
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OVERCLOCK: Ultimate OC (Ultimate Overclock 30% or more) [+99]
POWERSUPPLY: 1200 Watts - Rosewill PHOTON Series 1200W 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Power Supply [+62]
PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring + LIAN LI STRIMER 24 Pins + Dual 8 Pins Addressable RGB Power extension cables + Controller Set [24Pins Motherboard + Dual 8Pins Video Card [+69]
PROJECTOR: None
RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 5 to 10 Business Days
SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
SLI_BRIDGE: None
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
TUNING: None
USBHD: None
USBX: NZXT Internal USB Hub + USB Bluetooth Module [+34]
VIDEO: ASUS Turbo GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6 (Turing) [VR Ready] [+76] (Single Card)
VIVE_HEADSET: None
WARRANTY: PREMIUM WARRANTY: Standard 1 Year Parts WARRANTY + ONE (1) YEAR SHIPPING [+19]
WNC: None
WTV: ASRock H2R 2-in-1 N300 Travel Router + AirPlay / DLNA / Miracast HDMI Dongle, EZCAST [+79]
_PRICE: (+5331)
Now as far as what I do, Do have WoW and FF14, also play FONV and plenty of fan games and I got an extensive iTunes Library, plus I design stuff for my stories on there.

What I wanna do though is be able to play more games, more classics like FO3, VTMB, and other games, but have it run seemlessly and without hiccups (NV is it's own story, as you know no amount of mods can fix it's buggy nature), so with all that said, hows the build look, what can I add or subtract to things without compromise (Definitely want the max performance and storage)

Thanks for taking a look and customizing the build a head of time,

Rogue
barnebasguitano

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is a powerful computer. You can even fly it into space xD. Until there was a new update in WOW, I could somehow play it on minimal parameters. But right now the only thing I can do is to spend time in minecraft.buzz. Thankfully I like this game. Btw, you could choose a slightly worse graphics card and focus on RAM. You will save yourself from the drawdown in FPS this way. It feels more strongly at the maximum requirements. And of course, the price will decrease significantly.
SarahCornel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing your story.
Williamor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever I'm building a computer I find out the budget first, and then I build the computer to that budget. Usually, I'll get the bare essentials down, case, SSD, decent motherboard, processor, 16GB ram, then I spend as much as possible on the graphics card, and whatever power supply will be enough for it. If you buy a good power supply, it should work for a while, and unless you're running 2-3 video cards or they change plugs in the future, it's a good investment. BUY MODULAR on the power supply to save yourself from hiding a ton of power cables you don't need. I needed it for a more comfortable game in CSGO. I was looking for a PC that could withstand the game and the best csgo skin trading website.
joelynnpamplin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter how powerful your PC is, it will no longer be relevant in a couple of years.
barnebasguitano

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all the time I've spent with my PC, I've learned that the most important thing is not the processor and graphics card but the RAM and SSD. That directly affects the speed of your PC, and you should pay the most attention to these two components. If you buy a slightly cheaper graphics card, it won't affect your performance. It won't work that way with RAM. Let's take my situation and the Minecraft game, for example. Until I added some RAM, I couldn't play online servers properly. All I had to do to increase performance was buy 8GB of RAM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ChimataMusic DB Forum Index -> ChimataMusic & DB All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: