Welcome to ChimataMusic Discussion Board
Let us keep all the Telugu Melodies Alive through Healthy Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Let’s include our MDs in Wikipedia, the online encyclopaedia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ChimataMusic DB Forum Index -> Music Directors, Lyricists, and their Biographies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suryaprakash Mothiki

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Let’s include our MDs in Wikipedia, the online encyclopaedia Reply with quote

I like the distinctive background music in Sathyam’s melodies. This kind of background score is found only in Sathyam and some of the Hindi music directors. I had great pleasure in visiting the website on Sathyam created by Srini Chimata-Surya Guduru a couple of years ago, and could listen to several melodious songs. We have to agree that Sathyam did not receive the honour that he really deserved. In my opinion his Kiraathaarjuneeyam in Bhaktha Kannappa is no less than any song from Sankarabharanam.

Some music directors, while their melodies keep haunting us, become forgotten due to some queer reasons. The participants in our discussion board can do a favour to these forgotten souls.

We know that most of us access Wikipedia in our general research. It would be good if we could make the biographical details of all our music directors available on this popular online encyclopaedia. We may attempt to include a small paragraph on our composers, their real names, names of their parents, places of birth, their music teachers, their debut movies and some of their best compositions. I know that this is not an easy task. All our music directors have worldwide fans. Once we place an entry in Wikipedia, others would add details known to them. Gradually the entry grows with time. I did this kind of exercise for Saluri Rajeswara Rao and P.Suseela some time back and these entries have been growing in detail with time.

The songs of the present-day music directors are readily available in mp3 format. We love the compositions of M.M. Keeravani, Mani Sharma, Ilayaraja, A.R.Reheman and others. Only the legendary K.V.Mahadevan could withstand the onslaught of the tech-savvy young music directors. His soul-stirring melody " Evaro evooro…Evaru kannaro..Eevidhi Nanu koluva.." from Athmabandhuvu is a rare piece of musical and lyrical excellence. We may not see another K.V.Mahadevan in our lifetime.

This effort would certainly please all connoisseurs of Telugu film music.
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Let’s include our MDs in Wikipedia, the online encyclopa Reply with quote

Suryaprakash Mothiki wrote:
I like the distinctive background music in Sathyam’s melodies. This kind of background score is found only in Sathyam and some of the Hindi music directors. I had great pleasure in visiting the website on Sathyam created by Srini Chimata-Surya Guduru a couple of years ago, and could listen to several melodious songs. We have to agree that Sathyam did not receive the honour that he really deserved. In my opinion his Kiraathaarjuneeyam in Bhaktha Kannappa is no less than any song from Sankarabharanam.

Some music directors, while their melodies keep haunting us, become forgotten due to some queer reasons. The participants in our discussion board can do a favour to these forgotten souls.

We know that most of us access Wikipedia in our general research. It would be good if we could make the biographical details of all our music directors available on this popular online encyclopaedia. We may attempt to include a small paragraph on our composers, their real names, names of their parents, places of birth, their music teachers, their debut movies and some of their best compositions. I know that this is not an easy task. All our music directors have worldwide fans. Once we place an entry in Wikipedia, others would add details known to them. Gradually the entry grows with time. I did this kind of exercise for Saluri Rajeswara Rao and P.Suseela some time back and these entries have been growing in detail with time.

The songs of the present-day music directors are readily available in mp3 format. We love the compositions of M.M. Keeravani, Mani Sharma, Ilayaraja, A.R.Reheman and others. Only the legendary K.V.Mahadevan could withstand the onslaught of the tech-savvy young music directors. His soul-stirring melody " Evaro evooro…Evaru kannaro..Eevidhi Nanu koluva.." from Athmabandhuvu is a rare piece of musical and lyrical excellence. We may not see another K.V.Mahadevan in our lifetime.

This effort would certainly please all connoisseurs of Telugu film music.

Very well said Prof Surya gAru..

Once we publish the book on all music directors, all bio-graphical info on all our beloed music directors should be ready to be copied into the Wikipedia links.

Nice to see your enthusiastic abhimAnam on Sathyam and mAma.

Cheers,
Srini
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lindsijutty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have prepared transposed score of "Let all mortal flesh keep silence" by Edward Bairstow. Any takers ?

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ChimataMusic DB Forum Index -> Music Directors, Lyricists, and their Biographies All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: