Welcome to ChimataMusic Discussion Board
Let us keep all the Telugu Melodies Alive through Healthy Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPB..Pls stop accepting these kind of awards..!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ChimataMusic DB Forum Index -> Singers and their Biographies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: SPB..Pls stop accepting these kind of awards..!!! Reply with quote

Request to SPB:

I was surprised to see that SPB was selected as Best Playback singer for nandi award which recently announced by AP State Govt. I didn't understand on what basis the selection committe has selected SPB for this award. Don't take me wrong. SPB is a great singer, and won lot of nandi awards, national awards and international accolades too long back itself. What is need to present a nandi award to such a great singer/musician/actor multi-faceted person. There are lot of new-comers, with good talent/hardwork/dedication in the telugu film industry now waiting for recognition. Why don't they award to one of them which will encourage the new comer as well as its an appreciation for their talent. No one need to recognize or give certifcate to SPB now. He already proved his talent long back with Sankarabharanam, Sagara Sangamam, O papa lali, etc movies. At least SPB should stop acceping this kind of awards. As a fan of SPB this is my request to him.
Does anyone on this board heard the song 'rupayi rupai.' from "Pellam Pichodu" movie for which SPB got award?
schimata2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My response to your post is "yes" and "no".

If the the committee feels that that Bablu should get an award no matter whichever song he sings... that is wrong. Earlier, Ram Gopal Varma got a Nandi award for "prEma katha" and he himself was amused with that.

But, just because Balu is THE BEST around and doesn't need any more special recognition, you can not expect him not to accept any more awards... If he really sings a song well, he should be given an award on an impartiality basis.

Anyhow, Balu seems to have lost interest in singing with his jaan any more.. In one of the recent inteviews, when he was asked which of his recent songs are closer to his heart, he thought for a while and said that he would not remember any songs after "annamayya", released in 1997, which is almost ten years ago. I think that as a singer, he already gave us the armuta bhAnDham from the late 60's until the early 90's and I don't expect him to spill any more amrutham these days ( in the present AR Rehman's era of soul-less songs). But I don't want him to stop singing either... it is his purely his choice.

/Srini
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sunson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmk,

I give the credit to the Awards committee, because if they already decided to give the award to SPB as he is the best in the field, they have chosen an obscure song for that award than any other popular one of SPB.

It is not always that popular songs are the ones that test the talent of a singer. For example, "Pa pa pappu dappalam" from "Pelli Pusthakam" is not as popular as other songs from that film but is a "niluveththu nidarsanam" of how a situational song has to be rendered with a grip on language, expression and understanding of the mood.

There have been numerous occassions where SPB won awards for not so popular songs. Raghavaiahgari Abbayi, Aa Naluguru, Suvarna Sundari etc.

Regards
Sunson
jmk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunson,
I am not questioning the song for which committee awarded nandi. As you said its not necessarily a popuplar song to fetch the award. My intention is, instead of SPB, they can award the same to some new talent, so that they get recognition and appreciation. In fact that should be the main motive of awards. Time has already proven what SPB is.
By the by, I like the song 'pappu pappu dappalam' very much.
thanks,
jmk.
sunson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmk,

I am just trying to recall if awards were given earlier to run of the mill stuff. As far I remember it was not like that.

Given that today's singers get to sing only such stuff today, with all these youth-oriented movies (which I hate), there is not much scope for them to get awards.

I personally doubt if today's singers are really bothered or put in adequate effort to be deserving of these awards especially the government awards.

Regards
Sunson
vbhagavathula

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice topic to discuss. I heard it somewhere SPB does not want to refuse awards like Lata as its going to show disrespect to the awards and to the committee.

Awards ke andam vastundi SPB ki iste Smile
NANDAKISHOR K

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: awards for sp Reply with quote

Dear friends

Some how I missed this verytopic.

I would like to contribute something about this awards. SP still likes awards I am talking about the open disappointment he expressed when he didnt get filmfare award for pehla pehla pyar. Abhijeet even openly criticised for giving the award to Kumar sanu for Ek ladki ko dekha of 1942. According to abhijeet there is nothing that sanu has done to this song. He says that "Either Baluji should get for Pehla Pehla Pyar or I should get for Ole Ole because there is more singer contribution for this songs).

One more thing abt sp getting Nandi awards He got all for excellent rendition only Take the Case of Suvarnasundari- Idi naa jeevithalapana do you know this song was originally sung by mannadey in the film navarang(Tu chupi hai kahan main tadaptha yahan). Balu almost gave full justice for this song.

Even the Gayam song - Surajyamavaleni Swarajyamenduku.

As sitaramasastry said in one interview that Had the songs of Balu and Sastry are sent properly to National awards committe then The best playback singer and Lyricist would have always been for Telugu songs only.

Nandakishor K
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ChimataMusic DB Forum Index -> Singers and their Biographies All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: